Description de l'offre d'emploi
Working with one of the largest insurers in Canada to find a talented Product manager for their personal Lines Insurance products. This is a great opportunity for an individual that would like to be part of driving profitability growth for some of the company’s key product lines.
Title: Product Manager, Personal Lines Insurance
Location: Richmond Hill
- Reporting directly to the AVP Personal Insurance, this role will develop the product strategy to support the business plan to ensure top line growth and consistent increase in earnings
- Regular monitoring of financial performance trends/insights and monthly performance management reporting
- Conceptualize, investigate and develop propositions with supporting analysis via product viability studies, business case development, cost benefit analysis, performance projections and operational planning
- Refinement of ideas to identify the most desirable concepts to design and take to market
- Develop a deep understanding of the marketplace including developing trends and the competitive landscape through internal and external sources
- Focus on the customer journey, simplicity and ease of doing business throughout the phases of implementation
- Work closely with other functions including pricing, underwriting, claims, systems, communications, marketing, R&D, broker distribution to develop and execute while ensuring activities are aligned to meet business objectives
- Align with distribution teams on growth objectives and tactical strategies
- Track benefit delivery through the launch phase and beyond, making necessary adjustments to the product and marketing mix to achieve success
- Monitor the marketplace for new products, nurture and shape promising ideas. Pro-actively seek inputs from key business units regarding new product development opportunities
- Develop and refine a robust and consistent mechanism for evaluating product and campaign opportunities
- 10+ years of insurance industry experience preferably within both broker and company environments
- Previous product development and product management experience in the personal lines insurance industry
- Deep knowledge of underwriting and the technical elements of pricing, product structure, and the economics of the P&C industry
- Strong knowledge of market conditions and the competitive environment
- Excellent influencing and team collaboration skills as most work will involve managing delivery through peers and colleagues without direct line of authority
- Excellent project management skills
- Understanding of specialty personal lines (niche products - Motorcycle, RV, Vacation Trailer, ATV, Boats, Equine, Cottage, Snowmobile) is an asset
- Knowledge of broker operations, Governance framework, various third-party rating vendors or and various legislative jurisdictions and the implications of those jurisdictions (across Canada)
- Ability to generate and challenge business cases both financially and logically
- Ability to generate insight from research data relevant to the marketing challenge
- Experience with taking a draft product concepts and conversation to production with a track record of success
- Ability to extract relevant information from company sources of information
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven creativity and innovation experience
- Customer orientation with keen focus on the customer experience
Compensation: Competitive salary, generous bonus, benefits, pension...
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416.868.6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.