Description de l'offre d'emploi
ENCON Group Inc. is one of Canada's leading insurance management companies which develops and administers insurance programs and distributes them through a network of licensed agents and brokers to individuals, professionals, organizations and employers.
At ENCON, we believe our people are our most important asset. We offer a dynamic and challenging work environment, training and development opportunities, a competitive total rewards package and believe in work/life balance.
We are currently seeking a D&O Claims Analyst for our Professional Liability Claims Department where you will have the opportunity to work with adjusters, technical experts and legal counsel to develop and coordinate defense strategies in order to bring insurance claims to a prompt and final resolution.
- Appoint, direct and work with external legal counsel across Canada and the United States to develop and coordinate defense litigation strategies for the prompt and final resolution of claims
- Review and assess new claims to determine coverage under the applicable insurance contract and take appropriate action
- Determine and report the liability and damages exposure of the insured in respect of a claim
- Coordinate and manage claim files including liaison with insureds, brokers, external counsel and internal clients
- Report to insurance company representatives
- Some travel may be required
- Obtained a LL.B./J.D. or LL.L and have chosen to pursue a career outside the traditional practice of law
- A member in good standing with the Law Society of Upper Canada or another provincial equivalent and have chosen to pursue a career outside the traditional practice of law and/or experience managing professional liability insurance claims.
- Fluently bilingual in both official languages is an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in liability insurance and/or corporate/commercial litigation is an asset
- Employment Corporate and/ or Securities law knowledge is an asset
- Effective problem solving and proven analytical skills, organizational and decision making ability in order to develop/implement effective solutions
- High level interpersonal skills required to build and maintain relationships with internal and external clients
- Service oriented professional with a positive attitude and a strong desire to succeed
- Opportunity to work remotely for candidate with D&O Claims experience.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, ENCON will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, feel free to contact Monika Cieslinski at (905) 755-2064 or Monika.Cieslinski@mmc.com
A leading managing general underwriter in Canada, ENCON has a rich history in specialty insurance, starting in the 1960s when it launched professional liability insurance for architects and engineers. Since then, ENCON has continually expanded its unique range of products and risk management services. Its enhanced technology solutions are driven by innovation and a nimble, change-oriented business philosophy. ENCON also offers life and health insurance services to support brokers and clients across all industries. It is based in Ottawa, Ontario with offices in Mississauga, Ontario, and Edmonton, Alberta.
Please apply online.