Description de l'offre d'emploi
You’ve been a disability case manager for years, and now you’re looking for your ideal workplace.
You want a fun, vibrant work environment with a sense of belonging, and a chance to grow your career.
We’re Manion, and this is the workplace you’ve been looking for. We’re a Canadian third party administrator of group benefits. We provide solutions to streamline the benefits process for large carriers and small businesses. Our work makes it possible for more Canadians to live healthy lives.
We need a skilled STD Case Manager to join our close-knit team, and we hope our search ends now, with you.
Reporting to the Manager Life and Disability, the incumbent reviews, assesses and processes claims for applicable benefits using the technical knowledge obtained from the policies, procedural manuals, and industry and government communications.
Working in a team environment you will utilize your strong verbal and written communication skills when interacting with clients, claimants, and all relevant stakeholders. The incumbent must be able to work independently with little supervision, possess the ability to distinguish priorities and adapt well to change. The individual must work well under pressure, maintain production requirements and must be willing to work overtime as required.
The individual will ensure all claims are processed in date order, by automatically assisting other examiners in the processing of their assigned plan(s) when their own client base is in good order and will liaise in a professional manner with insurance agencies, doctors, trustees, members, management, lawyers and all other stakeholders, ensuring that only allowable information is released to recognized recipients and that all information is released in writing.
You will be required to process and manage all Disability claims paid directly from Manion, establishing eligibility, calculate earnings and benefit levels, along with obtaining the necessary medical evidence. You will ensure all necessary documentation is provided to the insurance carrier in order for them to process any claims submitted to them for adjudication.
The successful candidate will maintain daily production requirements as determined by the Manager and keep the Manager aware of problems or areas of concern that require special attention. Confidentiality must be maintained over client and corporate records and medical claims information.
You will be required to operate a claims payment database as well as perform manual calculations. Following the training period, a minimum of 95% accuracy is required.
Success in this role would be the mastery of the processes you touch on a day-to-day basis and your ability to keep abreast of industry and government requirements.
Additional consideration will be given to bilingual (English/ French) candidates.
- Post Secondary degree/diploma with direct business experience in a related field
- Minimum three years related experience. Must have experience adjudicating complex disability claims cases, in a group insurance environment
- Experience adjudicating disability claims in a Unionized or Multi-employer background is an asset
- Must possess excellent customer service skills, be team oriented and cooperative with co-workers, consultants and departments
- Excellent analytical and letter writing skills, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and adapt well to change in a busy office environment
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and adhere to departmental standards.
- A self-directed individual who has demonstrated good judgment with the ability to initiate and accomplish tasks expediently and with minimum supervision
- Possesses current knowledge and keeps abreast of industry and government requirements.
- Multilingualism is an asset
The Right Fit
We’re looking for more than just experience in claims adjusting.We want someone who exhibits passion and excitement over their work and goes above and beyond to do whatever it takes to get the job done. You’ll be a perfect fit if you are:
- Resilient – you know how to juggle deadlines and competing demands. When you’re under pressure, you rise to the occasion.
- A people person - you build strong working relationships with different personalities quickly. People enjoy being around you.
- Curious and Innovative - you generate new and innovative approaches to problems. You ask questions and respectfully challenge current processes.
- Customer-focused – in everything you do, you consider the people we serve.
- Organized and detail-oriented – since every claim is different, timelines and demands differ, you know how to track everything so nothing is mishandled. You can pick out errors with ease, and are naturally meticulous. Our standard of 95% accuracy doesn’t worry you one bit.
- A strong communicator – you’ll be contacting insurance agencies and medical practices for information on policies and services. You can speak and write with clarity.
- Team-oriented - you look for ways to pitch in, and work well with a variety of personalities. You reach out to peers and cooperate with supervisors to establish an overall positive and collaborative working relationship.
- Positive - our team is a positive, supportive group. When work is challenging, you'll face it with optimism.
- Able to deliver the WOW! factor - you expect personal performance to be nothing short of the best. You exhibit passion and excitement over your work and have a positive can-do attitude. You take ownership of the role and go above and beyond whatever it takes to get the job done!
Working @ Manion
This is a full-time, permanent position working out of our Etobicoke office. Your work week will be 37.5 hours a week, working weekdays for 7.5 hours daily, with occasional overtime. We also offer competitive benefits, pension and group RRSP plans, and access to Goodlife Fitness at the discounted corporate rate. Our office is surrounded by amenities, and you’ll have free parking in our underground lot.
We have a very strong family-oriented culture. Our work is meaningful, connecting people to healthier lives. The biggest reason we love coming to work is that we love working together. That’s why finding the right fit is so important to us.
This is a fun, vibrant community to work in every day. We know each other by name, our social committee helps us celebrate achievements and mark life events. Our wellness committee facilitates fitness activities and brings in a nurse on a regular basis.
Want to be part of a rapidly growing company that is transforming the way Canadian’s experience benefits? Apply now!
We thank everyone who applies to the STD Case Manager role; however, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact candidates who have been selected for an interview.