Description de l'offre d'emploi
Are you an e-Learning Course Developer looking for new challenges?
The Ontario Mutual Insurance Association (OMIA) is searching for an experienced e-learning course designer willing to help build a new phase of our member education program.
In this role, you will develop and launch asynchronous online learning programs aimed at insurance professionals, managers, and leaders. Working with subject matter experts, you will design, test, and launch internet-based courses that will foster skill building and professional development. Course content will be focused on property casualty insurance, management, and leadership. The courses you create will complement OMIA’s existing classroom based and live-on-line learning curriculums. Our target audience is the employees and directors of our member companies as OMIA fulfills its role in supporting their long-term success.
As we are in the early stages of our e-learning initiative, your role will initially focus on extending OMIA’s library of online on-demand courses.
You have proven experience and mastery of the resources and technology required in web-based training, including:
- Captivate, Camtasia, Articulate Storyline, Learnworlds or similar software
- Graphical design tools such as Photoshop and Illustrator
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Your verbal and written English skills are highly developed and you are a proactive communicator.
You have two years or more of online or blended instructional design experience.
You have the ability to:
- work independently as well as in a team environment to meet project deadlines;
- manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines;
- quickly understand and assimilate new technologies.
In considering candidates, the following educational background or equivalent employment experience will be of benefit:
- An undergraduate degree or diploma
- Certifications in education, training and development or adult education
- Courses or certificates in E-Learning and/or Instructional Design
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) (or working towards it)
- Microsoft Certifications
Environment and Travel
Some travel will be required (up to 5 days annually). Occasional overnight travel may be required.
You’ll join our team of 25 staff at our modern Leeds-certified office located close to the 401 in Cambridge. Our workplace includes a large fitness centre and outdoor walking paths. Our positive workplace supports a balanced, healthy and family oriented lifestyle. You will have a chance to participate in and get involved with initiatives including wellness programs, green team projects, and community and charitable events.
Enjoy a great working environment and competitive salary. OMIA offers employer paid benefits, a topnotch retirement plan and more.