Description de l'offre d'emploi
Stop the presses! A very exciting opportunity has come about with DGA.
Our client, an award-winning top employer, is starting a new venture and seeking a technical commercial insurance whizz to lead this exciting chapter. The successful candidate will be an integral member of the team and build out the new commercial department and digital product and leading them to success. This is a fabulous opportunity for someone who wants to embrace their entrepreneurial spirit, but with the backing of a big name.
**Our Client will consider those from a broking background, providing they have the technical expertise and the right level of underwriting skills**
Who you are:
You have a strong mind for strategy, innovation and entrepreneurship. You will be working with the marketing department to build and launch this new division. You will own the digital product development and after launch, build and lead a team of high performing professionals to support it.
This exciting role will be broken down in a pre-launch and post launch phases which include but not limited to:
- Product development and launch strategy
- Lead the final design of the digital Small Business Insurance product and experience, including development of coverage wordings, exclusions, limits, pricing, etc.
- Lead all insurance related product launch activities, including risk strategy, product, underwriting and claims of Small Business Insurance.
- Develop the underwriting and risk strategy
- Work closely with marketing and strategic ventures teams to develop go-to-market strategy
- Develop performance metrics for launch and early phase performance, iterate as business line matures
- Build and train a team of insurance professionals
- Manage product incubation, development and growth
- Manage the risk strategy for the portfolio, including managing reinsurance and loss ratios
- Deliver on business line objectives including financial, operational and member value metrics
- Active role in customer-facing activities alongside other support teams in order to support the early launch phase of small business insurance
- Accountable for efficient and profitable sales distribution through digital and offline channels
- Responsible for investigating and resolving internal and external complaints as well as handles ad-hoc cases and exceptions
- Develops and manages procedures designed to ensure ongoing review of coverages, wordings, underwriting policy adherence, pricing/rating competitiveness and adequacy.
- Accountable for the development of annual business plans and budgets and monitors targets monthly
- Provides coaching and counselling with respect to performance, skill requirements, competency development and personal growth of team
- Drafts coverage adjustment wordings when necessary, and reviews with legal experts to finalize.
- Minimum 8 years: Experience in multi-line underwriting, including a minimum of 5 years commercial underwriting
- CIP or equivalent certification
- Proven commercial underwriting success required
- Proven new product development experience
- Financial skills and P&L management
- Critical thinking – ability to think strategically
- Proven analytical and quantitative ability, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Communication – Demonstrates strong interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills, both verbal and written - must be able to convey technical details to non-technical individuals and convey business requirements to technical support units.
- Flexible, comfortable with ambiguity, can adapt to rapid evolution of responsibilities
- A track record of continuous learning
- CAIB and/or level 2 insurance license - or willing to obtain this
- Understanding of actuarial concepts – an asset but not mandatory
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivaled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencer's and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Affia at 778-383-9790 ext 104 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.