Description de l'offre d'emploi
Manion is a 100% Canadian owned firm that provides best in-class third-party group benefits administration and consulting services across Canada. We provide solutions that streamline the administration of an organization’s pension, health, and welfare benefit programs – aiming to deliver the highest value in our services to all our clients alike.
Are you a go-getter who enjoys digging into processes to find in-efficiencies? Do you jump at the chance to tackle a new project? Do you cringe when watching a bad customer service experience? We are seeking a Pension Supervisor who is an energetic, highly motivated, technologically adept/innovative individual, who enjoys juggling multiple priorities, and has a passion for providing excellent client service. We hope our search ends now, with you!
This is a newly created role, that will report to the Pensions Manager. The Pension Services team includes 10-12 pension administration staff who will report into this role. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Monitoring pension application activity for all Clients – ensuring service delivery targets are achieved, member requests are being appropriately actioned, and workload is evenly distributed amongst the pension administration team.
- Prepare weekly/monthly department dashboards (in Excel) articulating volume of processing per client, and individual staff performance.
- Maintaining, and further developing a Client/Member-first culture focused on ensuring a positive client experience.
- As required, handle the processing of sensitive and critical pension transactional activities (i.e. terminations, retirements, marital disputes, and pre/post retirement deaths)
- Manage the onboarding of new staff, including the development of an individualized training program, to ensure development needs are achieved by expected timelines.
- Support the Manager in ensuring all administrative processes and procedures support the effective and efficient delivery of quality services to all our clients and members.
- Support the Manager in handling employee relations issues when they arise.
- Lead the annual pension statement project, ensuring member statements are produced accurately and delivered to members within established timelines approved by the executive team and in compliance with all legislative regulations.
- Develop and maintain a pension department knowledge guide – outlining procedures related to processing of pension transactions for each client.
- Participate in client meetings and presentations as required.
- Assist with special projects, as required.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma
- Five to eight years of progressive pension administration experience with demonstrated expertise in handling of retirement/termination calculations
- Previous leadership experience in a relevant role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Industry designation in employee benefits (e.g. PPAC and/or CEBS) is an asset
- Bilingual English/French – oral and written is an asset.
A great fit for this role will have skills and experience that resonate with the following statements:
- Actively engaged in day to day pension plan administration activities related to benefit calculations and associated member communications.
- Strong, highly effective oral and written communication skills, with an attention on ensuring information communicated to Clients/Members is both compliant, yet more importantly easily understood by the member.
- Brings a “Digital First” mindset and approach to pension administration, leveraging technology to find efficiencies.
- Knowledge of applicable pension legislation (e.g. Pension Benefits Act, Income Tax Act, Family Law Act. Etc.).
- Excellent analytical and mathematical aptitude, with an attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Extremely adept in the usage of Microsoft Excel to build/design reports and dashboards to measure productivity, compliance, and quality levels.
- A goal-oriented individual, with sound problem solving and decision-making skills, while managing Client/Member relationships.
- Self- starter with a commitment to personal development / continuous learner, who works well with others, and takes accountability for their work outcomes.
- Ability to work from home (dedicated space that allows for viewing and discussion of confidential private information).
Important Note: When our applying for this role, please include a covering letter highlighting how your background and skillset match the above.
Working @ Manion
This is a full-time permanent position, working out of our Woodbridge, Ontario office however, will temporarily require the successful candidates to work from home. We offer competitive salary and benefits, pension and group RRSP plans, and access to Goodlife Fitness at the discounted corporate rate. Our office is also surrounded by a number of amenities, and you’ll have access to free parking.
We have a very strong family-oriented culture. Our work is meaningful, connecting people to healthier lives. The biggest reason we love coming to work is that we love working together. That’s why finding the right fit is so important to us.
This is a fun, vibrant community to work in every day. We know each other by name, our social and wellness committees help us celebrate achievements, mark life events, and facilitate activities on a regular basis.
Team Lead Pensions; full-time; Full-Time