Description de l'offre d'emploi
The Senior Technology Support Specialist is responsible to ensure that the company’s Information Technology infrastructure and processes operate in a manner that provides a high degree of performance, reliability, and security. The position routinely acts in a technical lead capacity for projects, participates in Helpdesk and Systems issue resolution activities, and responds to systems alerts and fault notifications on-shift and after hours. The role also mentors junior staff and provides technology and process recommendations to management.
We are on a new path called NEXT HORIZON
The insurance industry is changing at an exponential pace, driven by changing customer experience, climate change and technology. In response Gore Mutual is making bold moves to reposition our company as a purpose driven, digitally led national insurer. Next Horizon is our 10-year vision and strategy that set a new path for our company.
Come and make your mark on our Next Horizon!
What you will be doing in this role
• Support and maintain all of Gore Mutual's platforms, including physical, virtual, and cloud-based deployments.
• Maintain and improve the security, robustness and business continuity of Gore Mutual's core technology platforms
• Evolve and assess new technologies in collaboration with other technical teams to evolve the ongoing roadmap
• Leverage monitoring tools to ensure that Gore’s systems and applications remain stable.
• Provide end-user technical support and assistance, acting as Tier 2 / Tier 3 support and tier 1 when available.
• Participate in creation of maintenance and service plans & perform preventative maintenance activities.
• As a member of an Agile Platform Engineering squad, hold peers, team members and stakeholders accountable to commitments and behaviors as well as support and mentor peers
What you need to be successful
• Post-secondary education or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject
• Minimum five years’ experience in technical support, data center, Virtual Infrastructure Management, or related fields
• Experience administering distributed cloud platforms through configuration, deployment, and lifecycle management automation tools
• Proficient with the latest Microsoft Suite of business and Cloud applications (Azure Active Directory, Office 365, Teams, Intune, Dynamics, MSSQL, etc)
• A capacity and desire for constant learning from both success and failure, remaining open to change and continuous improvement
• Knowledge with agile and DevOps principles, test-driven development, continuous integration, and other approaches to accelerate the delivery of new features
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to effectively articulate and communicate technical vision, possibilities, and outcomes across all levels in the organization
• Experience in cloud hosted environments (Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS) considered an asset
• Experience in Networking (Switches, Firewalls, WAN) considered an asset
• Experience in Enterprise Storage solutions (NetApp) considered an asset
Gore Mutual Insurance is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the recruiting process, including the application process. If you require accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation, please advise the HR representative who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.