Description de l'offre d'emploi
Title: Property Underwriter
Location: Downtown (Work from home for time being)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determine and classify coverage of property risks according to established company guidelines
- Focus on risk selection and pricing of a broad set of property risks in support of overall team and company objectives.
- Maintain underwriting integrity and overall profitability of the product line.
- Foster positive broker relationships by maintaining effectively and timely communication.
- Exhibits thorough working knowledge of sound underwriting principles, policies, procedures,
- Works collaboratively with other team members on multi-faceted risks
- Keeps current on issues affecting the Property line of business as well as the competitors and the overall marketplace.
- Builds relationships with brokers for the development of business in keeping with the goals and objectives of the company.
- Attends industry conferences as required.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma.
- CIP designation or working towards.
- 3+ years of commercial Property underwriting experience.
- Knowledge of commercial property lines risks, classification and coverage options Demonstrated ability to interpret and analyze data and make an informed, calculated risk decision.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast- paced environment.
- Strong problem solving, reasoning, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and written/oral communication skills. Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks while meeting established deadlines. Ability to demonstrate planning and organizational skills.
- Proven team player and energetic personality.
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416-868-6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.