Description de l'offre d'emploi
Overview of Position:
HUB’s vision is to be everywhere risks exists – today and tomorrow. Helping protect what matters most.
HUB continues to grow and is seeking a highly motivated individual for our Corporate Licensing and Contracting Specialist role within our Employee Benefits division. The successful candidate will manage applications and submissions for HUB Corporate life insurance licenses and Firm registrations including coordination of any necessary corporate contracting changes with internal and related contracting parties resulting from acquisition and amalgamation. This role will also manage all related tasks for ensuring continued licensing for HUB Designated Representatives authorized on behalf of the firm to ensure integrity of provincial registrations. This role has the flexibility to be based out of our Toronto or Oakville office.
This individual will support HUB’s Employee Benefits division and is responsible for ensuring compliance with the regulations and requirements of the insurance councils of each province and territory in which HUB conducts business including; administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the on-going licensing and contracting processes, document management, creation and audit of effective compliance programs.
- Ensures compliance with the Insurance bodies in Provinces in which we conduct business.
- Establish and maintain corporate registration database of corporate life and designated representative licenses for the HUB Employee Benefits division.
- Manage new and renewal licence applications, including paper and electronic submissions, for HUB Corporate and its designated representatives.
- Evaluate applications and supporting documents to determine deficiencies and potential problems using procedure and file checklists.
- Maintain close contact with applicants that have deficiencies to ensure timely resolution.
- Coordinate the transfer of and licence changes resulting from acquisition and/or amalgamation and provide on-going communication with relevant teams.
- Prepare guidance on provincial licensing requirements.
- Discuss with direct manager any changes to rules, policies, or procedures by provincial regulators.
- Coordinate any Corporate contracting changes resulting from acquisition with the HUB Contracting Team and Insurer Group Contracting Departments. Assist with collection of data and communications to the appropriate Designated Representative.
Compliance Program Management:
- Assist with the development and delivery of compliance programs for HUB Employee Benefits divisions to ensure compliance with licensee responsibilities.
- Collaborate with Designated Representatives to conduct audits of employee benefit compliance with licensee responsibilities, appropriate record keeping and evidence of needs-based selling is found in client files. Reporting to appropriate Designated Representative where this is not the case.
- Assist with and coordinate project work as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree and/or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years of experience within licensing, contracting and/or compliance (at an MGA or Carrier)
- Excellent working knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Office: Excel, Outlook, Word & PowerPoint
- Ability to multitask, effectively time manage and exercise initiative while completing tasks
- Applying a strong sense of confidentiality to all tasks
- Exceptional organizational skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Proven project management skills
- Ability to apply common sense thinking paired with strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with APEXA, WealthServ or other industry back-office systems is an asset
- Bilingual in French and English is an asset
- Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
- Integrity – doing things right every time
- Teamwork – working together to maximize results
- Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
- Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.
Please apply to the role through the following link: https://hubinternational.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/HUBInternational/job/Woodbridge-ON/Corporate-Licensing--Contracting-and-Compliance-Specialist--Employee-Benefits-Division-_R0005883