Description de l'offre d'emploi
HUB International’s vision is to be everywhere risk exists – today and tomorrow. Helping protect what matters most.
Established in 1994, HUB|Proteus is a Toronto based institutional investment consulting firm seeking an Investment Consultant to join our team. We are a premier provider of pension governance and investment consulting to Canadian Pension and Investment Funds. Proteus was ranked in the Top Quartile for overall quality of investment consulting services in the 2019 Greenwich Associates Survey. This role is based in our North York office and reports to the President.
The Investment Consultant is responsible for creating their sales plan, generating new business, delivering quality investment consulting to clients and working closely with the broader Hub|Proteus team. This is a great opportunity to leverage your investment networks with the diverse portfolio of HUB products and services to meet your clients’ needs. This role will reward you for your efforts with a base salary and an unlimited commission structure.
- Work within our team with integrity, honesty and respect
- Manage the relationship between clients, investment managers and other team members
- Develop an understanding of the client’s needs and work independently and collaboratively to develop the deliverables necessary to satisfy the identified need
- Client education and interaction, investment review and recommendations
- Identify problems and implement proactive and creative solutions
- Stay current with changes in the investment industry that may impact each client
- Act as a mentor and supporter to team members - supporting growth and development and providing assistance as appropriate
- Lead client meetings and present work to clients using effective and clear written and oral communication
- Research and prospecting new leads and clients
- Build knowledge of and stay informed about other HUB lines of business and introduce other services to clients as appropriate
- Building and maintaining an active sales funnel with current and prospective clients
- Updating all sales related activity in the CORE sales system
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business Program with emphasis on Finance, Economics and/or Accounting is desired
- CFA, CIPM or in progress
- Minimum 5 years of Investment Consulting experience with complex investment products
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), project management and presentation skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and have a demonstrated ability to present to large groups.
- Strong customer service focus with the ability to deliver positive customer experiences
- Strong networking and prospecting skills
- Advanced knowledge of terminology and resources specific to the institutional investment industry
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License ability to travel to meet clients
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and independently manage multiple competing priorities.
- Knowledge of investment trends and products
- Proficient in MS Office: Excel, Word and Outlook
- Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk-taking
- Integrity – doing things right every time
- Teamwork – working together to maximize results
- Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
- Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.