Description de l'offre d'emploi
Our client is an award-winning employer looking for a Commercial Underwriter to support their specified book or portfolio of business. They are looking for collaborative professionals who are team players and have good technical knowledge.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for assessing, negotiating, rating, and issuing new business.
- Be able to achieve the company’s profit and underwriting objectives for a specified book of business.
- Maintain good relationships with brokers and internal stakeholders to maintain a profitable book of business.
What we are looking for:
- Preference will be given to those with 5-7 years of commercial property & casualty underwriting experience.
- CIP designation or in the process of acquiring it as soon as possible.
- Proficient in underwriting basic to moderately complex books of commercial property and casualty products.
- Knowledge and experience in understanding the nature of insurance risk and reinsurance costs, underwriting, claims underwriting, and reinsurance.
- Good problem-solving and decision-making skills, effective communication skills, and high motivation.
If this is you, then please don’t hesitate to reach out!
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms, and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well-positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivaled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates, please email your resume in confidence to email@example.com or at 778-383-9790 ext. 102. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them for more information about this position.