Description de l'offre d'emploi
Our client is seeking an energetic, ambitious, open minded and creative team player wishing to develop their career in reinsurance. This position is based in Toronto and involves travel to visit with clients in Canada and on occasion internationally. Reporting to the Chief Underwriting Officer, the Treaty Underwriter will manage, with colleagues, all aspects of property and casualty treaty underwriting for Canadian insurers and become responsible for a portfolio of business.
Title: Treaty Underwriter
Location: Downtown Toronto
- Evaluate renewal and new business treaty reinsurance programs
- Structure and negotiate appropriate terms and conditions
- Evaluate and negotiate contract wording
- Evaluate and negotiate pricing in conjunction with actuaries
- Perform underwriting audits at current and potential clients
- Responsibility for overall relationships with clients
- Market products to insurance companies and reinsurance brokers to obtain suitable business.
- Organize and manage client events
- Inform management, as required of activities, client and portfolio results
- 5 years of Property and Casualty (re)insurance experience
- University Degree and CIP or other insurance studies preferred
- Financial, actuarial, economic, risk management or underwriting education or experience
- Proven leadership abilities
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Solid communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
Compensation: Competitive Salary, Bonus, Benefits, Pension…
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416-868-6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.