Description de l'offre d'emploi
My client is looking for an Underwriting manager with experience in Fidelity and Crime insurance. This is a national role and requires travel across Canada as well as the occasional Travel to the U.S. If you are energetic, personable, enjoy leading a team, and have strong focus on growth, this role may be a great opportunity for you.
Job Title: National Underwriting Manager
Location: Toronto ON
- Oversees employees in the underwriting function.
- Has accountability for own risk selection/rejection, pricing, retention, growth, and profitability (within scope of authority and per divisional objectives) decisions and those made by members of the team/unit.
- Ensures a high level of customer service.
- Oversees receipt and analysis of submissions and decisions of what terms to offer (policy limits, credit limits, deductibles, coverage options and conditions, work programs, etc.).
- Ensures business is priced in accordance with company guidelines.
- May conduct investigations of new and existing accounts through business owners (banks, owners, creditors, debtors, architects, engineers, criminal record checks, on-site visits, etc.).
- Makes recommendations on risks over authority.
- Orders and analyzes miscellaneous business reports needed in the rating and underwriting processes,
- Ensures the appropriate utilization of underwriting, analysis, and desktop systems.
- Assesses risk quality and compliance within company guidelines and may initiates appropriate loss prevention actions.
- Ensures that appropriate reports are available, accessed, and appropriately used for rating and underwriting processes.
- Ensures that effective business relationships with internal and external customers/coworkers are developed and maintained in order to attract and retain profitable business.
- Ensures adequate number of visits are conducted with producers and principals in order to retain existing accounts, build and maintain business relationships, and develop new opportunities in support of divisional objectives.
- Serves as a technical expert in interpreting, explaining, and marketing products and services.
- Administers, applies and may update underwriting rules and guidelines, rating manual rules, and insurance laws and regulations.
- Analyzes quality and quantity of risks underwritten and prepares reports to communicate this information.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of progressive insurance experience
- Fidelity and crime underwriting experience preferred. Can also have Management liability or Professional Liability experience.
- 1+ years of leadership experience.
- Must be open to travel at least 20-25% of the time.
Compensation: Competitive salary, bonus, benefits
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416-868-6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.