Description de l'offre d'emploi
As the oldest Ontario farm mutual insurance company, we have proudly served our community for over 160 years. We’re growing and progressing while sticking to our humble roots of always putting policyholders first. We’re investing in modern technology and innovative solutions to provide superior service. It’s definitely an exciting time to be a part of our company!
As our company grows, this position reflects our commitment to creating an exceptional insurance experience. Reporting to our Operations Manager, you will fulfill property underwriting responsibilities for our personal, farm and commercial lines in an effective team environment.
AREA OF FOCUS
• Compliance to regulatory concerns and company procedures.
• Receive and place telephone calls, respond to and send emails.
• Maintain solid relationships by handling questions and concerns with speed and professionalism.
• Fulfill duties of colleagues when they’re away, including high priority policy changes or applications.
• Processing of new, renewal, endorsement transactions and policies within company time-frames.
• Requesting, reviewing and implementing High Value Risk Inspection Reports.
• Monitor and control quality of business underwritten.
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Meet company goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing workload based on priority.
• Assess and evaluate moderate to complex new and renewal business risks.
• Apply effective pricing and underwriting in accordance with company guidelines.
• Meet strict deadlines and time-frames while supporting agents and brokers with underwriting of policies.
• Ensure documentation by agents/brokers is complete on applications, endorsements and renewal forms.
• Remain current with policy wordings and ensure that rating is accurate.
• Compliance with privacy act laws and security statements for job specific websites.
• Time and care is used to ensure the data entered in processing system is accurate and represents all data that has been provided by agents/brokers (application, building evaluation and detail forms, etc.)
• Identify and address red flags on risks; save all electronic files.
• Follow company guidelines and procedures on handling cancellation and endorsement transactions.
• Professional relationship building with colleagues, managers, brokers and service providers
• Follow up and action taken on files with inspection reports, high value insurance reports, or claims memos in a time-frame that meets expectations.
• Assist managers with special projects as they arise; any miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• Ability to interpret policy wordings and guidelines.
• Ability to work with multidisciplinary teams (ie: Claims, Sales and Accounting).
• Ability to produce accurate, detail-oriented work and understand strategic goals and objectives.
• Understanding of the value of team.
• Ability to learn new software programs quickly.
• Ability to work well under pressure with minimum supervision.
• Ability to multi-task between a variety of tasks and deadlines.
NEEDED SKILLS AND TRAITS
• Risk Identification and Risk Analysis
• Analyzing information
• Decision making
• Business writing skills
• Problem solving
• Customer service: agents, brokers, service providers and colleagues
• The ability to sell “No”
• Verbal and written communication
• Time management skills
Please forward your resume prior to August 15, 2021, in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.