Description de l'offre d'emploi
Motor Truck Cargo Underwriter
MGA / Wholesale Broker of the Year in 2020, they specialize in developing and offering a wide range of insurance niche property and casualty insurance products where we meet the demands of 4,000 brokers by being competitive and flexible to the needs of the insured.
The market segments served in Canada are Construction Contractors, Cyber, Motor Truck Cargo, Realty, Vacant, Third Party Liability for Manufacturers and Wholesalers, Standard and Specialized Errors and Omissions, Personal and Commercial Automobiles, Freight Transportation, Student Housing, Pleasure Marine and Commercial Marine.
We are currently seeking for a Motor Truck Cargo Underwriter for our Toronto office. The candidate will have to analyze the requests of the brokers to offer insurance solutions for their clients. We are looking for someone that would be embedded in our values: building trust, pushing boundaries, innovating and keeping things simple.
Your mission in few words:
- Assessing and underwriting new business submissions
- Negotiating policy endorsements and renewals
- Developing and maintaining positive broker relations
- Providing technical support to brokers
- 3-5 years’ experience in commercial lines underwriting of Motor Truck Cargo business
- Excellent awareness and understanding of the marketplace
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Negotiation skills (with brokers)
- Knowledge of Lloyd’s
Personality we are looking for:
- Performs well in a dynamic operation
- Team player adaptable to a changing environment
- Organizational skills and being able to manage priorities
- Strong analytical skills and professional judgement
- A high standard of service in handling broker queries
Advantages of working here:
- A pleasant work environment, focused on communication and teamwork
- New offices, colorful and open space style
- A business casual dress code
- Flexible working hours (35 hours per week) and work from home opportunities
- Personal days and vacation on the beginning of employment
- A flexible group insurance program and an employer-sponsored RRSP
- A profitshare program
- Training courses paid for by the employer and possibility of progressing within the company
Interested candidates please contact Daher Hassan at 416-868-6711 x.224 or forward your resume in confidence to Daher@dgacareers.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.