Description de l'offre d'emploi
Totten is looking for an Associate Underwriter to provide exceptional customer service to our broker partners and work to expand Totten’s presence in the Professional Lines segment. This is an ideal role for someone with strong attention to detail and good processing experience. We offer an excellent opportunity to work for one of Canada’s Leading MGA’s and to become part of a dynamic and knowledgeable team.
- Manage an assigned book of Professional Lines business which consists of risk analysis, negotiating terms and conditions, and working within the parameters of assigned authority
- Work with the goal of providing or finding solutions for all stakeholders
- Support the Underwriters on policy issuance, coding, and endorsements
- Maintain a high level of broker visibility through regular sales calls (in person/conference calls)
- Build rapport with our insurer partners domestically, and our broker partners at Lloyd’s
- Demonstrate effective workflow management through prioritization and work with a sense of urgency
- Handle account inquiries from our broker partners and internally
- Work closely with others across all business segments at Totten to leverage cross-sell opportunities
- Other duties may be assigned as required
- Minimum of 2-3 years of Insurance industry experience
- University or Post-Secondary equivalent education preferred/industry designations (i.e. CIP)
- RIBO Licensed Required (or within the first 3 months of employment)
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- A strong work ethic, good organizational skills and the ability to work within a team environment.
- Strong communication skills: written and verbal
- Strong time management skills, goal oriented, and self-directed
- Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience with TAM or Policy Works broker management systems an asset
Totten Insurance Group is Canada’s leading national MGA provider of niche products and innovative solutions. Totten Group is committed to servicing brokers across the country and is comprised of six divisions: Personal Lines; Commercial Property; Commercial Casualty; Hospitality; Construction and Professional Liability. With offices across Canada, Totten Group’s corporate office resides in Toronto ON, and has other locations in Oakville ON, Dartmouth NS, Winnipeg MB, Montreal QC, and Vancouver BC. Learn more at www.tottengroup.com.
If you require assistance or accommodation during our recruitment process, please notify Human Resources so that we can review and consider how we may be able to assist you based on your individual needs.
To apply directly, please click on the link:https://hubinternational.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/HUBInternational/job/Toronto-ON/Associate-Underwriter--Professional-Liability_R0013131