Description de l'offre d'emploi
Our client, a leading MGA are looking to add a successful Production Underwriter to the team! This is a great opportunity to join an organsation who values hard work, entrepreneurial attitude and initiative. They base their success on their leadership and staff and reward their employees with a flexible environment and remote set ups!
As a Production Underwriter, you will drive the growth and profitability of the book. You will leverage existing broker relationships, expertise, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit to build your book. Surrounded by a team of experienced practice leaders, managers and executives, we provide an extensive array of products, ample capacity and empowerment to enable your success. In this role, your focus is attracting and underwriting new business opportunities while being supported by and mentoring less experienced staff. You will work collaboratively with the colleagues and management to provide value added expertise and exceptional service to our broker partners.
- Perform risk analysis using internal and external data resources for the purpose of quoting, negotiating and authorizing the acceptance of risk of a moderate to high complexity, with a focus on new business production;
- Participate in underwriting meetings, formal/informal presentations and broker meetings;
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external parties, including attending industry related seminars and networking events as necessary;
- Negotiate coverage and price with brokers within established corporate guidelines and delegated authority parameters;
- Communicate decisions and respond to requests in a prompt and professional manner;
- Manage, strengthen and grow a book of profitable business;
- Maintain compliance with established corporate guidelines and delegated authority parameters;
- Keep accurate records of decisions made and maintain completeness of policy data;
- Complete loss reports and post-claim underwriting reviews; and
- Mentor underwriting staff in general underwriting theory, technical and soft skill fundamentals
QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTERISTICS: You’re a good fit if you have:
- A minimum of 5 years of insurance experience;
- An advanced understanding of commercial underwriting theory and the ability to apply this knowledge in day-to-day practice;
- An entrepreneurial spirit with strong selling and negotiation skills and a demonstrated ability to generate revenue growth;
- A passion for delivering exceptional customer experiences and value in every interaction;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal;
- Good decisional making and analytical skills;
- Strong organizational skills and a thorough approach to completing tasks;
- A Chartered Insurance Professional designation (CIP) (or are actively pursuing); and
- A broker license (level 1 or 2), or ability to qualify for a license.
Interested candidates please contact Affia at 778-383-9790 ext 104 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.