Description de l'offre d'emploi
Our client is looking for an insurance professional who wants to hit the open road and spend their days meeting new challenges. The successful candidate can come from a variety of backgrounds. If you come from customer service, construction, roofing, or farming and have ever brushed up against insurance claims and thought it might be a good fit for you, then you very well could become our client’s next Field Claims Specialist. In this position you will be investigating, evaluating, and negotiating both commercial and residential property and casualty insurance losses. In this role you will constantly be meeting new people and communicating with all insurance stakeholders and ensuring as fair an outcome as possible for all parties.
- Travel to sites and work with policyholders to investigate the circumstances of reported losses
- Work to understand complex policy wordings to make sure the reported losses are covered
- Make sure that all parties are aware of the results of the coverage review both verbally and in writing
- Work with advisors with expertise in the needed area to ensure that the investigation is as thorough as possible
- Based on the results of the investigation provide the policyholder with the resolution through negotiation
- Support in the event of catastrophic losses
About the Employer:
Our client is proudly Canadian and equally proud to be named one of Canada’s top employers. They care about nothing more than the people they serve and the people they employ. Nearly 150 years old, this company has adapted to the changing landscape by always working to understand what the needs of Canadians truly are. They strive to treat their customers and coworkers like family.
You have a background outside of insurance that has familiarized you with another industry to the point that you are confident speaking the lingo and investigating unique types of property. You are quick on your feet and a strong communicator who can withstand stressful situations. You have an analytical mind, and the insurance industry has always attracted you because of that. You are independent, self motivated and looking to take the next step in your career.
- Experience in the customer service industry, farming, building construction, or roofing considered an asset.
- Any experience in field adjusting, underwriting, or brokering would be an asset
- Valid class 5 driver’s license
- CIP or willingness to work towards earning it
- Ability to successfully communicate and negotiate with all walks of life both verbally and in writing
- Strong computer skills. Knowledge of Claims Connect, Mobile Claims, Xactware, and Guidewire would be an asset
- Strong organization skills, and attention to detail that enable strong decision making in the face of complex and analytical problems
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Heidi Scott at 587-885-1852 or forward your resume in confidence to Heidi@dgacareers.com. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position directly.