Description de l'offre d'emploi
Opportunity to work with a growing InsureTech whose goal is to educate customers on having safer roads and homes. Looking for a Senior Property Adjuster to join this growing company in this newly created role. Responsibilities include providing efficient and prompt investigation, evaluation, negotiation, and settlement of 1st and 3rd party claims including those of larger size and/or complex claims in accordance with corporate guidelines and best practices. The Senior Property Adjuster is the key expert within the property claims unit and will provide support and advice to the overall claims team.
Title: Senior Property Adjuster
Location: Hybrid / Downtown Toronto
- Investigate, appraise/scope, negotiate settlement and recovery, and conduct reporting and documentation of claims including those of larger size and/or moderate complexity in accordance with established guidelines.
- Establish and monitor litigation disposition plans and litigation calendars, trackers, etc. Direct activities of defense counsel to ensure an appropriate resolution. Attend and participate in meetings, mediations, arbitrations, settlement conferences, pretrials/trials. Participate in case law reviews.
- Provide ongoing status updates to customers until file closure. Develop and maintain excellent customer relationships through face-to-face visitations, e-mail, and telephone interactions. Foster productive business relationships with the Insured, service providers, and other carriers. Keep insured/claimant fully informed of the status of the claim.
- Develop relationships with other departments such as underwriting to meet business goals. Assist Manager with preparing/completing monthly statistical reports.
- Understand and apply best business practices towards compliance, internal control and operational risk controls in accordance with standards and regulatory standards and policies.
- Work collaboratively with Supervisors and/or Managers on special projects and assignments when required, including the development of the claim system
- Post-secondary education and / or equivalent on the job experience
- Minimum 5-7 years Claims adjusting experience including complex claims.
- Working knowledge of the company principles and practices related to claims settlement, policy wordings, insurance contracts, fraud investigations, serious losses, and coverage questions.
- Ability to work within and adapt to PC oriented environments, including familiarity with e-mail and Internet
- Actively pursuing CIP/FCIP designation an asset.
Compensation: Competitive salary, bonus up to 20%, Benefits from day 1, RRSP match and 21 vacation days.
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416-868-6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.