Description de l'offre d'emploi
Loss Control Engineer
LOCATION: Mississauga, ON
100% in Office
Our client who is a Commercial Real Estate developer and landlord in Mississauga is seeking a Loss Control Engineer with commercial insurance experience, construction, and field engineering experience.
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
The individual in this role will be reporting to the Senior Insurance Manager, providing support in managing the Corporation’s insurance and loss control programs.
The Loss Control Engineer’s responsibilities include:
· Participating in field risk engineering and loss control as part of the ongoing risk management responsibilities in this role.
· Participate in, and provide feedback during regular recurring portfolio reviews to identify exposures with significant loss potential.
· Develop and implement new strategies that reduce loss and improve a profitable portfolio.
· Maintaining and enforcing the various loss control programs for the entire portfolio.
· Assist with the investigation of property and liability losses and claims handling process.
· Develop and maintain excellent working relationship with brokers and consultants.
· Work collaboratively with internal departments to foster a positive Corporate Risk Management program.
· Participate in the annual renewal process of the Corporate Insurance Program.
· P. Eng. with 5 to 8 years of experience in the Risk Engineering area and commercial lines.
· CIP designation or willing to obtain.
· Risk Engineering experience within the insurance and/or commercial construction industry.
· Commercial insurance product knowledge is an asset.
· Excellent analytical skills and decision-making skills.
· Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
· A strong attention to detail and ability to effectively set priorities to meet deadlines.
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
· Experience with Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and Yardi Systems is an asset.
DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, specializing in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Antonella Leone at 647-624-9609 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.